Strong Evidence for PAC Training
- Providing contraceptive technology updates, counseling workshops and in-service training in PAC can:
- Increase the number of PAC patients who report that they received important information on their care and family planning options;
- Increase the number of PAC patients who leave with a family planning method regardless of whether MVA or sharp curettage is used; and
- Improve the quality of care.
- Training increases physician satisfaction with MVA.
- Training midwives to counsel PAC patients on family planning, STIs/HIV and nutrition (in addition to midwives undertaking other aspects of PAC, including emergency treatment using MVA) can increase counseling on these topics.